DV Vic and No To Violence provided feedback on the Child Information Sharing Scheme Regulatory Impact Statement and Regulations in a joint submission.
The key points of our submission recommend:
- Managing the inter-dependencies of the CIS Scheme, FVIS Scheme, and the Framework by re-developing the current implementation plan and timeline.
- Training and capacity-building programs to develop consistent practices for child information sharing across prescribed organisations.
- Establishing an overarching governance group to provide oversight of the inter-dependent CIS Scheme, FVIS Scheme and the Framework.
- Aligning the reviews for both the CIS Scheme and FVIS Scheme to contribute to an overall understanding of the impacts of these Schemes.
- Further consideration of an implementation plan for data collection to strengthen the capacity of the two-year and five-year reviews.