Domestic Violence Victoria (DV Vic) is the peak body for specialist family violence services for women and children in Victoria. We are an independent, non-government organisation. Our vision is for a world where women and children can live fulfilled lives, free from fear and violence.
DV Vic is looking for an experienced media professional to build the media profile of DV Vic, the specialist family violence sector, and issues related to addressing and preventing family violence.
The successful candidate will be values driven and interested in joining our growing team and dynamic organisation. DV Vic offers its employees:
- Above award wages and conditions under its Enterprise Agreement
- Generous salary packaging options (total of $15,900), and meals and entertainment packaging
- Shut down leave between Christmas and New Year
- Access to additional support including Employee Assistance Program; and
- Individual annual Professional Development budget.
The Media Coordinator will work to ensure that DV Vic’s media communications are effective, targeted and credible.
The Media Coordinator will work with the CEO to:
- develop strategies and create content to support DV Vic’s media communications objectives
- contribute to the development of an election strategy that includes sector collaboration
- build on the current political and community momentum for addressing violence against women
- strengthen the roles of DV Vic and the specialist family violence sector as trusted voices on addressing and preventing family violence.
- support capacity building efforts to enhance the quality and accuracy of reporting on violence against women in Victoria.
The successful candidate will have high level media skills, a comprehensive understanding of family violence and other forms of violence against women and an ability to work respectfully and dynamically across teams and sectors.
The Media Coordinator is a fixed term full time position and DV Vic offers flexible working conditions.
How to apply for this job
- Submit your application, addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, to Fiona McCormack, CEO (email@example.com) by COB Monday 2 April 2018
- View the full Position Description
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this job.
DV Vic values diversity and encourages women from diverse backgrounds to apply
Contact for further information: Contact Claire Bauska Ph: 9921 0828 or firstname.lastname@example.org