Domestic Violence Victoria (DV Vic) is the peak body for specialist family violence services for women and children in Victoria. We are an independent, non-government organisation.
Our vision is for a world where women and children can live fulfilled lives, free from fear and violence.
To achieve this we:
- advocate and provide advice to government with and on behalf of our members
- lead innovation and influence policy, legislation and community attitudes
- work with our members to strengthen specialist family violence practice and build the capacity of human services
- work respectfully and collaboratively with all our partners.
Our work is informed by the experiences of women and children affected by family violence.
DV Vic is committed to the core values of equality, integrity and respect. Our values are reflected in the way we work and engage with others including our members, colleagues, and government.
We work on behalf of our members representing over 80 organisations across the state, including:
- specialist family violence services
- community and women’s health organisations
- local governments and other community services.
Read our Strategic Plan 2016-2020 for more information about what we do and where we’re headed.